Lymphatic Drainage is a therapeutic massage treatment used to treat various health issues. This therapy works on the hypothesis that it improves the natural lymphatic drainage by removing toxins and waste materials from the blood.
What Does A Lymphatic System Do in Our Body?
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs in our body that carries lymph, a whitish material containing white blood cells, nutrients, and oxygen.
This system helps the body to get rid of excess fluids, dead cells, unwanted waste, and toxins. The primary function of the lymphatic system is infection-fighting. As it carries the white blood cells, it builds up our immunity system.
The body contains as many lymph vessels as it contains blood vessels in the body. The blood vessels work by pumping of the heart. In the case of the lymphatic system, it is deprived of any pump. The lymph is driven across the body through the pressure of blood vessels and muscles’ push and pull movement.
What is Lymphatic Drainage?
Lymphatic Drainage is a therapy that uses gentle, repetitive strokes to generate light pressure on lymph vessels to enhance the lymph flow and that encourages the movement of lymph fluids around the body. The fluid in the lymphatic system helps remove waste and toxins from the bodily tissues.
It activates the stagnant lymph or poor lymph flow. If your lymphatic system is not working properly, you can get swollen areas on your body. The blockage that is caused due to sluggish lymph flow is removed by the long, gentle strokes towards your lymphatic.
Lymphatic drainage stimulates the flow of the lymph through light, long circular movements on different body areas like arms, legs, belly, and the back. Some health conditions can cause lymph fluid to build up.
What are the Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy?
The lymphatic drainage is usually taken as medical therapy or treatment that only helps to treat lymphedema. Lymphedema is a condition of moderate swelling that is usually caused by the removal of lymph nodes of the lymphatic system.
Although, nowadays, many men and women are incorporating manual lymph drainage due to its long list of benefits for skin and the body in general. It is now generally adopted for wellness and aesthetic purposes.
Below is the list of benefits of lymphatic drainage due to which it is getting popular in the folks by each passing day.
- Highly beneficial for a bloated belly. The light but long pressure by helps to give relief to the discomfort caused by gas.
- It enhances the immune system thus enables a person for better infection-fighting.
- This Lymphatic Drainage Therapy reduces puffiness in the texture of your skin.
- This therapeutic treatment helps to reduce water retention by long and continuous strokes with light pressure.
- It has the added benefit of removing scar tissues, thus beautifies your skin.
- One of the most significant uses of manual drainage is weight loss. It helps to burn calories by improving the metabolic rate.